Shure KSE1500 Earphones/USB DAC/Headphone Amplifier System
Fast, Accurate, Clear: Electrostatic Technology Comes to Computer Audio With the Shure KSE1500 Earphones/USB DAC/Headphone Amplifier System
Featuring the world's first application of electrostatic technology for sound-isolating earphones with a single MicroDriver, KSE1500 matches premium Shure 'phones to a high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz USB DAC to give you supreme sound quality no matter where – or from what device – you listen. Tailor-made for portable media players, smartphones, laptops, and computers, KSE1500 delivers fast, accurate, ultra-clear transient response and phenomenal correlation to the source for staggering musical detail. Recognizing everyone has individual preferences, KSE1500 is set up for seemingly limitless personalization. It includes an analog-to-digital converter for direct-in analog sources and analog bypass mode. A customizable four-band parametric EQ with five standard and four user-selectable settings combines with ergonomic controls, input-level meters, and an USB-rechargeable battery to allow modern convenience and generous flexibility. With KSE1500, you'll never listen the same way again.
The premium KSE1500 Electrostatic Earphone System is an electrostatic earphone and amplifier system with DAC for use in-line with portable media players. Featuring single-driver electrostatic Sound Isolating earphones matched to a USB DAC that converts analog or digital audio from portable digital or analog audio sources. The KSE1500 system features a 24 bit/96 kHz conversion rate, customizable 4-band parametric EQ with five standard and 4 user-defined settings, rechargeability and input level meters. Able to process both digital audio directly via micro-USB, analog via a direct line in, or bypass entirely for a pure analog signal without conversion. The KSE1500 system defines a new standard of portable listening that brings high-fidelity audio into the mobile demands of today's active lifestyles.
U.S. retail price is $2999, available on November 30th.
- Superb detail, clarity, and transient response
- Earphones block up to 37db of outside noise
- Abundant customizability and streamlined controls
- Integrated battery lasts up to 10 hours
- Bias Voltage: 200 V DC
- Output Voltage: ±200 V, max.
- Output Current: <1 mA
- Noise Attenuation: <37 dB
- Operating Temperature Range: 0 to 45 °C (32 to 113 °F)
- Storage Temperature: -18 to 57 °C (0 to 135 °F)
- Transducer Type: Electrostatic
- Connector Type: LEMO Connector
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 50 kHz
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 3% THD): 113 dB SPL
- Weight: 1.55 oz.
- Bit Depth: 16-bit/24-bit
- Sampling Rate: 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: up to 107 dB A-weighted
- Adjustable Gain Range: -40 dB to +60 dB
- Limiter: Selectable Analog RMS Limiter
- Equalizer: 4-band Parametric
- USB Input: USB Micro-B Receptacle
- Line-In Input: 3.5 mm (1/8")
- Charging Requirements: USB-powered 5 V/0.5 A to 1 A
- Housing: Black Anodized Aluminum
- Weight: 6.42 oz.
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Li-Ion
- Nominal Voltage: 3.6 V DC
- Battery Life:
- Analog in (BYPASS EQ mode) up to 10 hours
- USB Input Analog in (EQ mode) up to 7 hours