Astell&Kern launches KANN, a new portable high-resolution audio player. KANN combines the best features of higher-end Astell&Kern players in a new design for $999. KANN will make its official debut at CamJam SoCal, April 8 – 9, 2017 in the Astell&Kern booth at the JW Marriott Las Angeles L.A. Live.
KANN also adds a number of new options not available on previous generations of Astell&Kern players including dedicated 3.5mm unbalanced/2.5mm balanced headphone out and 3.5mm unbalanced/2.5mm balanced dedicated line out; full-size SD and microSD card slots for additional storage; USB-C connection for faster charging and transfer speeds; larger battery and a built-in headphone amplifier.
Featuring a single AKM AK4490 DAC chipset and 64GB of internal memory, KANN is the first sub $1,000 player from Astell&Kern to support native playback of 32-bit/384kHz high-resolution PCM audio and native playback of DSD audio, up to Quad-rate (DSD256).
Like the Astell&Kern AK300 series player line, KANN includes a Parametric EQ (PEQ), VCXO Reference Clock (Femto Clock) for minimal jitter, AK Connect support, USB DAC function, Wi-Fi connectivity, DLNA networking support, OTA software updates, digital audio output via micro-USB, apt X HD, and support for high-resolution music streaming services including TIDAL, MOOV and Groovers+ (support for streaming services varies by country).
James Lee, CEO of IRIVER, parent company of Astell&Kern said, “"KANN features the best technological advances that we’ve offered since the launch of our first Astell&Kern player five years ago. This is truly a robust player that adds flagship features at a fraction of the cost. We feel KANN is an amazing value for people who want the best musical playback experience possible.”
- Single AKM AK4490 DAC
- Native DSD playback up to DSD256 (11.2mHz)
- PCM audio playback up to 32bit/382kHz
- Built-in amp with normal/high gain switch: drive the most demanding headphones with ease!
- Lowest output impedance of any our portable high-res audio players: Single-ended 3.5mm: 0.65Ω / Balanced out 2.5mm: 1.3Ω
- USB Type-C support (charging & data transfer)
- Micro USB for USB audio out & USB DAC
- Dedicated Line Out (2.5mm balanced & 3.5mm single-ended)
- 64GB internal flash memory
- Micro SD card support up to 256GB
- Full size SD card support up to 512GB
- aptX HD Bluetooth codec support
- 4" WVGA 800 x 480 LCD touch screen
- Long battery life: 6,200mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery (up to 14 hours)
KANN will be available in May 2017 for $999 and come in two colors – Astro Silver and Eos Blue. (source)