Following on the spectacular success of our flagship HE1000, HIFIMAN wanted to create a less expensive version that was very much performance-based yet with lighter weight and much greater sensitivity. Many people want to enjoy their headphones around the home or even take their phones with them without the need to bring along a cumbersome amplifier.
Enter Edition X. Even though it is still a full-size, open back design, Edition X weighs just over 14 ounces, light by high-end standards. And with a sensitivity of 103dB, it sounds amazing driven right from a smartphone or portable audio device.
With this remarkable sensitivity, Edition X does not require a large amplifier. In fact, best results will be achieved if you use this particular model with a high-quality amp of moderate power. We recommend not pairing Edition X with an amp that has an output of 500mW per channel or greater. If Edition X is paired with too much power or distortion, damage can result; so choose high quality with moderate power.
- Ultra Thin Diaphragm for lightning fast response, uncanny detail and ultra-low distortion
- High Sensitivity allows use with virtually any smartphone or portable audio device. Low distortion and amazing sound quality.
- Window Shade Grill Design greatly reduces sonic reflections for clearer sound.
- Asymmetrical Ear Cups follows the natural shape of the human ear.
- Hybrid Ear Pads' beveled design conforms to the shape of the human skull while velour and pleather materials provide optimum comfort.
- Frequency Response: 8Hz – 50kHz
- Sensitivity: 103dB
- Impedance: 25±3Ω
- Weight: 14.07 Oz (399 grams)
- Detachable cable: 2.5mm to 1/4" and optional 2.5mm to 4-pin XLR